View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 09:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Ugh! Looked up the doctor I am going to see, in 10 days, at Yale.
He looks okay.

But....the neurologist who passed me off to the neuro-ophthalmologist is still there, and the senile neuro-ophthalmologist is STILL listed, so evidently he has not retired yet.

So, the records are still there (senile guy's report was more errors than not, absolutely everything in it, even basic stuff like 'I started wearing glasses when I was seven or eight years old, in third grade' and he wrote that I was in 8th grade and 13 years old). And the people themselves are still there.

Nobody around here will contradict a colleague.

(At our local hospital/doctor system, they are forbidden to do so. Officially. You are not even allowed to see another doctor in the same department for a second opinion, they won't let you have the appointment. You have to bring in a documented diagnosis from an outside doctor before you can see a different local one, and be treated differently than the first one said. )

Yale is not owned by the same corporation as the three hospitals in my end of the state, but things are generally very similar in the area.

Have a growing feeling of dread that this is going to be a complete waste of my time and the day off from work my husband is taking to get me there.
Damn.

Last edited by winic1; 02-28-2017 at 10:19 AM.
winic1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (02-28-2017), FREDH (02-28-2017)