View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 07:45 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I can add some other things that helped in my appointments. If you have ptosis, but it is intermittent, take some photos when your ptosis is occurring. Bring those photos with you to your appointment to show the doctor. Mine, for instance, tends to be more prominent in the evening as my muscles get weaker (or during a crisis), so they don't generally see it during an appointment. It has helped my doctors to see photos of my ptosis, so I bring the photos along if I meet a new doctor.

I make sure to bring along the copies of my respiratory tests, the MIP and MEP tests that Annie describes, along with any other records that could be helpful. Even if you've had records forwarded by your doctors, bring your own copies with you to be on the safe side. You may already know that, though.

Annie's post is very good. Try to think positively; this could be a very helpful doctor you're about to meet. I will be wishing you all the best.

Take care,
Erin
ErinBear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (02-28-2017), FREDH (03-02-2017), pingpongman (03-01-2017), rach73 (07-03-2017)