View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 09:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I see people are still posting links to the best anti-virus. That is fine but if you have windows 10 you already windows defender built in the operating system. Its basic but free.

Most important to me is using something like malwarebytes to monitor in the background and block those bad sites

There are many programs out there that say they have the best but really there is no such thing as a perfect antivirus program.

I have also used SUPERAntiSpyware in the past and it is fine. Malwarebytes has upgraded their software with a newer version .

I can also tell you that viruses and malware can trash windows even after you get one clean. You have to make sure before you run any program that it is very important to back up your system. A must

It also makes a difference on which operating system you are running. There is one program available to users called Combofix but it will not run on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. It will work on windows Vista, XP, 7 and windows 8.0.

I usually start in this order downloaded from bleeping computers
RoqueKiller
JRTCleaner
Adwcleaner.
Combofix on all except Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. Just like any program make sure you back up before running.

Now is when I would download malwarebytes and cross your fingers

There are two programs I also use. Ccleaner by piriform and TFC by oldtimer. Use them both.
If by chance you happen to get all these programs I mentioned to run without problems then head over and download Sophos Virus Removal Tool Google is your friend. install the small program, update it and let it scan. Cheers
threeputt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote