View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 05:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I would like to take a week off of work, but I can't at present. There is lots of change sweeping through the company I work for. LOTS.... My direct boss has had a promotion from RSM & is now the COO. My colleague & I (we operate out of different states, she looks after 2 & I look after 3) subsequently are self reporting for 6 months. We believe in which time they will determine if the RSM role is to be replaced or absorbed by other departments. In essence we are hopeful to fly under the radar for as long as we can before some bright spark says these roles can go back under HR at which time there is a strong possibility we will be made redundant. HR are already asking lots of questions & we know it's only a matter of time. I went back to work to help pay off my mounting medical bills, working or not I would suffer the same health issues so while I can I will hang in there to keep the $ coming in. The COO only last week approved purchase of a colour printer, scanner come fax machine for me to have at home enabling me to work from here more often.

I had a long chat with DB & he will try to do more, it's hard for him I know, I can see he is not malingering or being lazy. I've tried leaving things on previous occasions, the dogs run riot & create extra work if we disrupt their routine. It's not worth the hassle.

We had a summer storm tonight, massive amounts of thunder & lightening with huge cracks of thunder going off within the count 1 1000 on and off for 4 hours. We had to bring DD4 inside as he was terrified, funny little big fellow.
eva5667faliure (09-04-2017), ger715 (03-01-2017), RSD ME (03-28-2017)