View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 12:59 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Pam, it would have been nice if you were able to know whether they actually did the TSH testing which often can show normal while adding the T3-T4 testing can actually indicate whether or not the T4 in his system is converting to T3 which it should do. Doing both would have been a good indicator. If both of these have not been done, then maybe asking the doctor that both be tested giving a better indicator of thyroid disease. As I mentioned, having only the TSH can often show normal when it really needs further testing to confirm this.

As previously mentioned, I have been dealing with thyroid disease for 18 or 19 years; first being diagnosed hyperthyroid; then after a couple of years with lab work done every 5 months, eventually indicated I became Hypothyroid. I have been on Synthroid daily for the past 15 years or so. From what you describe, DB would actually most likely fit in the Hypothyroid. The thyroid is so complex but the thyroid hormones really affects so much of the body functions.

Hope you and DB and get to the bottom of this. It appears this is not the normal behavior for DB. Of course, abstaining from the alcohol can also set of a series causing the thyroid to be affected as in my case; when I quite smoking the 2 1/2 pack a day cigarettes help to set of my thyroid disease which obviously had been dormant until then.

Gerry
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (05-11-2017), kiwi33 (03-06-2017), PamelaJune (03-03-2017)