View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 02:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

As soon as anyone in the office looks for me in the computer system, it will bring up the old records. So there are the reports from the old visits to his colleagues, one of whom is head of the overall department. If he reads them, I'm done before I even walk in. I wish the past could stay in the past. But computers make that an impossibility.

Senile doctor has the reputation of a God around here. Once he has made a declaration, no one will consider anything else. Because of the lawsuit we had going against the guy who smashed into us, I was not allowed (by my lawyer) to request corrections to his report. So there it all sits, waiting to be read on new doctor's computer. And senile doctor had eight pages of all the information on me in his hands, that's the paperwork they make you fill out before you go. But that doesn't get put into the computer. His report does. And no one will contradict a God while he is still on the payroll.

Just hoping new guy isn't a reader, hoping regular neurologist who referred me sent him enough info to make him set aside previous records if he does see them. Hoping he's seen senile guy at work, and knows that it's time to disregard anything he's said. Or I am done before I even walk in the door. It's happened before. And there's no use talking or presenting symptoms or anything if they've already decided based on past history.

The worst part is not that he won't do anything. The worst part is that it means a wasted vacation day for my husband (we don't go on vacations, we use the days up for medical stuff like this, and usually run out). And the long drive. And the stress of finding our way in a city (I can deal with skunks, raccoons, coyotes, no problem. Not cities.) All that, and to end up done before I walk in. I just hope he doesn't read.
winic1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (03-03-2017)