View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 02:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am so embarrassed! I am on a med that sometimes messes with my memory and I got busy and forgot I posted here. Watch out for those anticholinergics.

I use Fire Fox and have Ublock which works better than Ghostry for me.

I read Bleeping Computer but some of the answers are too complicated for my paltry computer skills. I do have Windows Defender on my Windows 7 but its turned off because I have Avast. I can also get some form of Norton through my IP but have not done it.

It is possible I got a bad Flash Player update but am not sure.

I try to keep the cache. cookies, and temp files cleaned every day and defrag when needed too, I do need to do the last again.

What is happening is that Malwarebytes looks like it is skipping parts of the scan, tonight it jumped from around 1500 objects up to 25,000! It did this once before and I think eventually updated and found a bunch of PUPs. It is not scanning enough objects either, the total scan number is lower than it has been in the past and that happened before as well. I don't know if that could be sick computer not keeping up with scan speed.

It might be a browser hijacker because tonight I got redirected to sales sites when I tried to search something.

Or it could be software. It says 'Build 7601 This Copy Of Windows Is Not genuine' which is either an update error I read about or due to the shop using one copy of Windows on multiple used computers. I know someone else who has this and they told him they were licensed and it was genuine but occasionally one will do this. They reformatted his for free but wanted money.

It was running ok but I accidentally asked for help from Windows, I thought it was the help menu. lol They were not happy and send me pop ups saying I need genuine Windows and I don't get any updates besides security.

I was going to take mine in but.....I think closed the screen on a pistachio nut shell and I may I have ruptured liquid crystals or something. It could be bad screen or graphics card (?) but I heard a crunch just before I got a narrow, black line. It started about an inch long and keeps elongating. it is near the bottom and not too intrusive yet but I am trying to save to get a new pc.

So I am just trying to keep body and soul together until I can get a new one.

Thank you so much for the answers, still more side effects for me Mrs D, huh.

judi
zygopetalum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (03-04-2017)