View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 07:01 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default chest pain

Funny you just wrote this, but sadly I didn't remember. Had an early morning visit with Dr yesterday morning because the mg was rapidly becoming worse. While driving to my appointment my chest for the first time in my life started hurting and thrice went up to and tightened up my neck. Thought often of pulling car over and calling for an ambulance but I am afraid of these hospitals. Made it to the dr and chest had thankfully quit hurting. Was thrown straight into ekg mode and the ekg came back abnormal. Off I'm sent to spend the next 10 hours at the local stupid hospital. Many tests, no heart attack, no blood clot, no pneumonia, but a high white blood cell count. Diagnosis....myasthenia gravis. Well duh. I sort of knew that but had to be sure. Start more infusions today for 7 days. Was assured by my PCM that she and my neurologist care greatly about me and will not let anything happen to me. Whe lost her voice in tears when telling me how upset she was that I have been so mistreated for so long. Fears that lack of treatment has presented me with an exasperated case that is going to be quite difficult to maintain. She implored me to trust Dr. Jacobs because he has called her three times and visited her once to discuss my condition. The reason he wants me to go to Shands Hospital is they use plasmapherasis ? and robotoic surgery and he wants me seen as soon as possible. Thoughts? I appreciate. I certainly hope your mom is doing better. I feel your stress.
Jane1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (03-04-2017), FREDH (03-04-2017)