View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 08:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca71 View Post
IME was excellent. He's actually one of the doc's I might have seen except he's at too much of a distance for me.
He was appalled at the treatment I have had so far. He said "WOW young lady, this has been quite a journey for you hasn't it?" And asked why I hadn't had certain treatments, and I told him insurance denied them. And he said "Well, I'll fix that." LOL! I liked him. Seemed like he was more on my side than theirs in the end. He really couldn't believe the bad treatment I have had.
I hope that this works out for you. Still request make sure you get a copy of the report and read it...and pass all the info on to your attorney (if you have one). I came home from an IME where the doctor said I needed immediate medical attention and should be in a hospital. He said he called my employer's attorney and said I needed immediate medical attention and that it needed to be passed on to my attorney and doctor. NONE of that was in his report and his report, while not terribly damaging, was worded in a way that called my condition into question (which was not at ALL how he was with me). Saw the same guy for my most recent IME and he was the same way...and then wrote a report that said that while I have CRPS he sees no reason why my accident would have made things worse and that as a result of that accident I am not more disabled than before and should be able to return to work. Yeah...because there's no way a fall off the top of a 10ft ladder could make CRPS worse, right? These guys are still paid by work comp...and it's awful to think that they will do a complete 180 based on where their pay check comes from...but there it is. Hopefully this doesn't happen to you...but just make sure you get a copy of that report so you can address any issues with it if there are any.

My very first IME went incredibly well for me btw...but that was one where the doctor they wanted me to see apparently didn't want to read my whole file so he passed it on to the other main doctor at the practice...who confirmed my diagnosis and said that the treatment I needed was necessary...he was great. But also wasn't the one I was SUPPOSED to see. No way of knowing if that made a difference or not but after my later experiences I am inclined to think so.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hotfoot53 (03-05-2017), Littlepaw (03-06-2017), PamelaJune (03-06-2017), Shay08 (03-06-2017), St George 2013 (03-06-2017)