Thread: I feel alone
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 08:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default TN Dx and Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinBear View Post
I wondered if you have been able to talk with a neurologist about your TN, and start any treatment? It is a really tough diagnosis, but there are some treatments which can really help for many patients. Sometimes it takes awhile to find the right treatment for each person.
When it came right down to it, I saw my epileptologist (who actually teaches neurology at Mayo Clinic) for guidance & in hope that he would find the right treatment for me. My epi quickly deduced my problem to be TN after some further tests. He then prescribed carbamazapine to me ~ and saw me 1 week later. Amazing! My pain is around 90% gone. Thank goodness!!

Quote:
Have you also heard of the Facial Pain Association? They are an excellent resource if you are in the United States. You can look them up online.
I haven't heard of the Facial Pain Association...I will certainly check them out. Thank you for the tip! Very best wishes to you and finding the best way for you to treat your neuropathy.

In March 2006, I had a partial left temporal lobectomy to remove my seizure focus. It worked well to control complex partial seizures, but left me hyper-sensitive to light and sound. Migraine headaches increased in severity as well as frequency.

In March 2007, I slipped on the ice and fell upon the left side of my head. The effects were mild TBI, a moderate concussion. The TBI effects increased light and sound sensitivity further, as well as migraine headaches. Seizure disorder got shaken up, requiring new medications to control complex partial seizures.

The long-term effects of these brain issues are very poor short-term memory; difficulty regulating emotions; major depression; anxiety; easily overwhelmed; word-finding difficulty as well as mixing up my words (but not recognizing my mistakes) and an extremely difficult time with decision-making. I also got divorced and am the secondary co-parent of our two daughters. That was a huge blow to me!
shezbut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ErinBear (03-05-2017), St George 2013 (03-06-2017)