View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 11:44 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Sanjay,

An enucleation is the surgical removal of a mass or tumor in its entirety and without dissecting. Dental cysts associated with root canaled or infected teeth are usually not just one solid mass. They are multiple fibers of tissue that are attached to each other as well as the tooth, the bone, the oral tissue and whatever other tissue may be in that area.

Irrelevant of what type of sedation you have, you will also be given local anesthetic. Depending on the case, some surgeons will use a long acting local anesthetic which could last for many hours after the procedure is done. You will most likely be given oral pain meds right away or as soon as you can have a little something to eat. Post operative pain is not measurable because everyone has a unique situation and their own pain threshold. I've known patients to have very little to no post op pain. Sometimes the pain comes on day 2, 3 or 4. Everyone is different.

No drills are going be used on your cheek bone. That is not the location of any cysts that you have. Your cheekbone is not involved. I cannot tell you if one or two different type drills will be used because the surgeon will determine that at the time of the surgery. The surgical drills are very similar in size and shape to the drills used to work on teeth when doing a cavity removal, etc. They just have a different air exchange within the drill and special surgical burs are used. A drill is only needed when there is no other means to gain access to the cysts or when the bone is beyond salvageable and it needs to be removed.

Sanjay.... where are you getting your other information from?? Are you under the care of an oral maxillofacial surgeon?

Bryanna
Greetings Brianna,

Extremely sorry for being late in reply. Thanks for your well thought-out answer and I consult online with a retired Dentist from here --->

bit.ly/2lOGk15

The X-Ray Panoramic I did was on 13th December, 2016 and please see again, if I will get some time to do the surgery before the Cysts get involved with the Sinus ? I need some time (may be some months). Please tell me if I will re-do the X-Ray Panoramic again for the latest update.

I also got a Cone Beam CT Scan done on my upper-jaw and some soft-tissues were found inside both my right and left Maxillary Sinuses - how can I show you the scan as the maximum attachment size here is a little less ?

Thanks,

Sanjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleo View Post
I would extract now rather than go through root canal failure and then extraction. Typically any pain post procedure is medication controllable. Are you in pain now?
Greetings,

No I am not in pain now. But I feel some slight sensation if I touch the teeth's gums.

Thanks.

Sanjay
Attached Thumbnails
Can My Dental Cysts Be Non-Surgically Removed ?-goslhwh-1-jpg  

Last edited by SJD001; 03-06-2017 at 01:29 PM.
SJD001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote