View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 03:44 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Did I suffer a concussion?

Hi all. I'll keep this short. Back on 16 Jan 2017, while doing some basement work, the power went out. This was a very old house, and the basement was extremely short. Long story short, I banged my head, specifically right above my right eye. It was a hard knock, but I didn't lose consciousness, at worst I had a laceration the size of a dime.

There was only a walk in clinic nearby so I went there. The doctor stitched me up but didn't bother to check if I had suffered a possible concussion and sent me on my way. No trouble sleeping, no memory/vision issues, everything was fine.

Approx. 7 days later, I felt a very strange nausea. I felt extremely lethargic. This went on for about 5 days and then passed.

Now, I have developed a horrific tinnitus sound, on the right side of my ear (same head side as my injury).

Doctors have been very unsympathetic and keep telling me I didn't suffer a concussion. I feel like the onset of nausea and tinnitus is post concussion. I could be wrong. I'm looking around for anecdotal evidence currently. I've suffered bad insomnia last month and crazy anxiety. Only sympathy I've received is from a naturopath .

Thank you all for your time.
DaWickerMan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote