Old 03-07-2017, 05:06 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkette View Post
Hi DaWickerMan,

If I may ask are you having bad headaches or having any memory loss at all? Depending on the type of concussion this could happen, A few yrs. ago I had a concussion and I had wicked headaches for about 6 months. You may want to see your family Dr. and have them do a MRI or CT scan to play it safe.
I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Hi Porkette:

Simple answer is no. I had zero memory loss after the accident. I had the nausea/lethargy/dizziness about 5 days after the injury (wasn't a cold or flu). No bad headaches after, surprisingly, at all. My ear is making a crunching sound now when I flex it, and the worst symptom I have is extremely loud and piercing tinnitus which began 13 days after the injury.

I did see my family doctor about two weeks after the injury, but he's been very unhelpful. He asked me questions on the spot about my name, who the president was, did a test with his hands for my perception and did an on the spot hearing test, which I passed with flying colors. He deemed, right then and there, that I did not suffer a concussion (in spite of the timing, and he may be right...), and had no idea what was causing the tinnitus. He did refer me to an ENT who may do an MRI/CT, however I live in Canada with an extremely over burdened health care system, and won't be seeing the ENT for at least six months which is horrifying, however I have no other options.

Thank you for the well wishes and reply, I appreciate it.
DaWickerMan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote