View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 09:35 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
Hello,
I am in the process of having a lower partial and a full upper denture made at a local dental clinic. A problem was discovered in one of my lower teeth and it will take at least 1 appointment in periodontics to fix it (Feb 13). After that the denture work starts, probably ending April/May).
I have been wearing a very old, ill-fitting upper denture. A few days ado I dropped it one too many times, used some repair stuff from the drugstore, but it would not take. When I applying the mixture I pressed too hard on the denture it came apart completely. - At the clinic I asked for a temporary denture and was told it would take 2-3 weeks to do that, about the time when the work starts. I don't mind going without upper teeth for awhile. But, walking around with sunken lips really, really bothers me. I can see becoming a hermit. I looked online for gum supports but it seems they are made to cover teeth and gums during sleep. I am wondering if somewhere out there is a device that is designed for 'toothless' gums and give me enough support to eliminate the sunken lips.
Many Thanks in Advance.

I know this was a while ago but I know on Amazon they sell a kit called "temp tooth" where you melt these plastic beads and form your own teeth. I don't know if it would work for more than 1 tooth at a time. I had to use it when I lost my flipper and couldn't get to the dentist right away to get another one made.
jenny8484 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote