View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 02:43 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Has anyone here NOT worn a flipper?

Wanted to see if anyone out there got a tooth extraction to prepare for an implant but chose not to get a flipper while the site healed?... I just finished going through a year long and expensive process for a front upper tooth extraction/bone graft/implant/crown and I also paid my dentist's office over 1k for the flipper to wear in the meantime (it was a front tooth so I needed one). The office manager charged me over $700 for the first flipper that was made, I ended up losing it (plus it was very poorly designed as it constantly moved around when I talked) and the second time around she charged me half price so $350. Makes you wonder how much of a profit they made off of it!

Now I am going to need a bottom tooth extracted and the same process done. Since it is a bottom tooth I do not feel it is as visible as the top front tooth was. I am wondering if it is even necessary to have a flipper made. The office manager is willing to give me a discounted price of $600 (yes that is the discount!) If I can save myself $600 that would be great but wanted to hear from others that did not opt to get one- did it cause your teeth to shift a lot by not having one?
jenny8484 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote