View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 06:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaGetFeelingBack View Post

I heard about MLS laser therapy and toyed around with the idea of trying it. Just last week I had a free consultation with a local chiropractor. He took x-rays of my spine and said that my problem is that my discs (particularly L5) are thinning out, thus blood flow to the nerves has been compromised, and that the laser therapy might be worth a try.
FWIW, I always thought my back had something to do with my PN. Sure, there's no doubt alcohol was the main cause, but the way it started... I have a compression problem between (guess what) L4 and L5. At one point it hurt badly and the pain started to radiate downwards. After a few days it reached my feet. Treatment made the back pain go away, except ... in my feet. After more tests and several docs initially still thinking it was caused by my back, they settled on PN, after I answered truthfully about my alcohol consumption. For a while I thought it was just a coincidence - even though in my experience it certainly wasn't. Now, reading your story, I wonder again if the back problem was the straw that broke, eh.. you know what I mean. In other words, several things - which we call comorbidity I guess - can work together to cause PN, so maybe there *is* a relation there for us. So hopefully, it may improve your situation?
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (03-10-2017)