View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 10:59 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default So it's been 564 days since my tragic fall but I'm 90% healed now!

So wow,

Completely forgot about this forum.

But, it's been such a long road for me and it's finally coming to an end.

Either it was my apprehension to push boundaries or actual PCS but I struggled with it from when I posted this thread til around November 2016.

However, it never really intervened with my life. EXCEPT for exercise.

I would jog and the symptoms would come back. Never even attempted sports or gym.

Doctors were useless.

It wasn't until I had to go to a Neuro Physio who told me that the main issue wasn't the TBI anymore, it was my lack of vestibular functioning in reaction to the TBI.

Basically it was all in my eye movements.

MRI scan at Hospital came up clean.

From then on, I start looking at vestibular exercises and started doing at home.

Then once a month at the physio.

The symptoms that came through exertion were going away slightly.

BUT the most pivotal thing for me was this thread here:

If ANYONE is suffering from any kind of PCS. Read that thread.

5 times and do exactly what he did.

I signed up to a gym the next day and jog / sprint 3 times a week. I was so apprehensive about doing so but seeing that he was in a much worse position than me and forced himself to heal, I thought I must do the same via training.

I'm not 100% yet because I've only been at the gym for 3 weeks but I'm very close to being back where I was.

I'm lifting heavy weights, sprinting near 100% speed and while I still feel a bit rattled seconds after performing the activities theyre gone within a minute or 2.

I'd say one more month of intense exercise and I know I'll be back for good.

It's very possible guys.

Only thing I would say, is that for me I think it was more a mental thing. I probably could have been healed within the first 3-4 months if I was consulted properly / took initiative more.
BossMan123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote