View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 01:54 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Secondchances - If you're anything like I was/am with PN, it will give you a constant sense of anxiety. I'm sure being free of, or at least seeing improvements in your PN will help with that anxiety. I'd be very interested to see how you'd get on a month not taking the klonopin - it's almost guaranteed to be the underlying cause of your PN now you're alcohol free.

My ex (who is from California) took a type of Benzodiazepam because she suffered from grand mall epileptic seizures. She moved to England to live with me and couldn't be prescribed them anymore - English doctors are much more reticent when it comes to anything beyond an aspirin. So she got a dog to help her relax, meditated and exercised a lot to combat it. Unfortunately it didn't cure her, but it did help.

I've taken Benzos before but only recreationally - even still I could imagine coming off them would be very tough whilst dealing with PN and abstaining from alcohol; but the hardest routes usually lead to the most beautiful view.

On a side note...Mrs D does seem to be a brilliant fountain of knowledge!

And...I'm 3 months sober on Tuesday. It's actually the hardest now because I'm basically back to good health. When in and out of hospital and can't sleep with PN, you're reminded why you need to stay alcohol free. I'm battling with the 'one won't hurt - you're fine now' devil on my shoulder tonight. But I'm going to promise myself I will get to 6 months no matter what, then if I want to drink then I can. And hopefully at 6 months I'll have more sense.
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (03-10-2017), PamelaJune (03-11-2017)