Thread: Inositol
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 06:31 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb Lara...

Start with 500mg a day for a few days, then increase as you see fit.

We found really high doses were agitating in a strange way. But the 2 gram level
works well. Studies for OCD go up to 15 grams a day...and I don't think that is
necessary for most folks.

Inositol in an insulin enhancer in the brain..I think that is how it is working.
It requires high doses because it does not cross the blood brain barrier easily.
In fact my hubby is upping his for the trip tomorrow..he gets anxious with the long trip up North, with all the packing moving, etc...and this calms him alot.

I have seen very expensive products in stores, up to $60 for what I get online for $12.95.
Even Puritan's Pride is very expensive. That is why I recommend the Jarrow at iherb... it is a huge savings. An 8oz jar lasts a long time too. I have a little metric measuring spoon that we use to dole it out with.

I think you will find some OCD traits however, hard to give up!
That was my problem.

This is the one we get... I see it has come down a dollar even!
http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails....1&pid=126&at=0
I have used many Jarrow products with success...I am never disappointed with them.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (12-19-2013)