Thread: CBD gummies
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 01:47 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

I don't have MS, but as I was scanning down the list of posts the title "CBD gummies" caught my eye. After reading the posts, I decided I should add my two cents.

I suffer from radicular nerve pain owing to impingement of several spinal nerves, and a badly degenerated spine. I experience paresthesias (ranging from an ever-present buzz, through tingling, pins and needles, to numbness). I also was experiencing electric shock type pain in my arm and hands, and intermittent spasms that were bad enough to make me stop driving.

I've done a lot of PT, and continue to do cervical traction at home with a Saunders machine. I take nortriptyline daily which helps some, and I have tramadol for breakthrough pain. About 5 mos ago I finally decided to experiment with some marijuana products to see if I might get some more relief.

I live in Colorado, where both med & recreational MJ are legal, so availability and legality are not a problem.

First I tried CBD oil -- no THC -- since I was not interested in getting high. Almost immediately I began to sleep thru the night without waking with a spasm. Then I read in several places that having a little THC in the mix actually can enhance the action of the CBD. Apparently it works, biologically, like a cofactor.

Anyway, I now microdose several times a day (every2-3 hrs) with drops of a tincture that has a mix of CBD & THC in about a 2:1 ratio. At night, before bed, I take a tincture that has more THC because it relaxes me (still without what I would call a "high" -- more like a pleasantly warm somatic feeling, similar to what you might feel from a single glass of wine).

Result: I sleep through the night, I don't get those debilitating spasms, haven't had one of those electric shock zaps in months. Recently I was even able to resume playing my guitar, which I had been unable to do for the past year or so because the required hand/arm posture would trigger spasms.

I haven't tried the gummies, but I do have some lozenges that I use if I plan to be away from home for several hours. I prefer the drops, but the lozenges are more convenient to carry with me than an open bottle of drops. I have not smoked or vaped.

In sum, I have enjoyed considerable relief since I began using the CBD products. One good indicator is that I have not had to take any tramadol at all in recent months.

Definitely worth a try if you live someplace where you can get these products readily.
snowy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (03-13-2017), Kitty (03-12-2017), Starznight (03-12-2017), Twinkletoes (12-03-2017)