View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 04:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default woo hoo

I finally got it done, downloaded and ran Roguekiller and it found 8 PUPS and 2PUMs. I was going to post the list but it was very long and repetetive, does that mean they were in many places all over the computer? I am not sure they were all malicious but removed them anyhow.

The PUMs were in Chrome, Rocket Search? I thought that was ok? I thought there was something wrong with that browser though because the last time I used it it locked up hard and I was afraid I was going to get a message saying send $500 to Bulgaria and we will unlock your computer. That may have been the time it was so messed up afterwards Windows would not boot. .

Does anyone know what the below is? I thought it was Microsoft Fixit I used when my updates failed, not sure but it looks like that is still on my computer. Can I search the path or will I 'get' whatever it is again?

I had a bunch of things in my picture gallery.

Threeput did you mean not check the boxes to remove? I didn't notice any other boxes and did check those. If I deleted something useful I guess I will find out. Thank you for recommending Roguekiller, I have been going nuts running Avast and Malwarebytes over and over and coming up empty.

Thanks everyone for the helpful suggestions, I do appreciate them.

Off to test drive my poor, fried computer.

Suspicious.Path Services (X64) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ControlSet001\Services 0230671466799804mcinstcleanup C:\Windows\TEMP\023067~1.EXE -cleanup -nolog Deleted
zygopetalum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote