View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 07:34 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Hello; seeking a good neurologist in Southern Maine

Hello.

As stated in my introduction on the Psych Central forums, before being referred here:

"I am primarily here to ask for help for [my husband] Elijah, specifically for getting him neurological care in Southern Maine, with someone who is not just going to have him visit for two minutes, not bother to hear about any symptoms, and just blame all of Elijah's symptoms of psychiatric problems (which have already been ruled out as the source of the specific problems for which we see the neurologist - which are gradually reducing cognitive and motor function, and seizures)."

So far, we've seen one neurologist, who didn't want to hear about Elijah's symptoms, didn't seem to care about why Elijah was even seeing a neurologist, didn't want to do what the PCP recommended (EEG) and instead did a glorified evaluation consisting of the standard questions you'd ask a person after they hit their head to see if a concussion is present (by the way, Elijah ended up incorrectly answering most of the questions, even the questions which he previously would have no trouble with such as those involving math, and had difficulty with some of the motor function tests), and in the end, just said it was all behavioral, and told us to seek behavioral healthcare - which we're already doing, and the behavioral healthcare workers have ruled out the specific symptoms we're seeing a neurologist for being the result of behavioral health problems (no, he didn't care about that, either).

As such, we're hoping to find a neurologist in southern Maine who will not give us a repeat of the experience described above...
MonikerPending is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Skeezyks (03-13-2017)