Thread: Our Pets
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 01:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Good forum first post, Rocking4Epilepsy. I mis-read (still waking up) and thought you'd written that your dog is half cow. Duh! What was I thinking

Snoopy, how do your dog and cat get along?

Y'all sound as if you have quite a handful

I have a dog. She loves stuffed animals and... receiving presents. She came home (8 weeks) to 4 Siamese (since passed). She grew up around cats, and they "taught" her all she needed to know about puppyhood: Behave like a cat!

She put herself on a dehydration diet when I tried weaning her from (1 percent milkfat) milk. I told her doctor that she was behaving differently; she was withdrawing. He said that she was dissociating from the stress of not getting what she wanted. Well, she dissociated to the point that her pink nose turned white and I knew something was wrong.

Puppy ER and $450 later to learn she was dehydrated. Her doctor said, give her the milk; it's 1 tablespoon in a small bowl with bubbling tap water. It has to have bubbles or she won't drink it.

While on vacation earlier this month, she got a new dish. It's a cat bowl and it reads: Got Milk?

She doesn't like snakes or frogs (unpredictable and probably following my queues), but she loves butterflies and, what do you know, Lizards. She spent hours on end Lizard hunting in AZ. Of course, she never "got" one, but it didn't stop her from entertaining herself day after day
Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote