View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 09:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sorry that I am not on line very often.
My fermented papaya concoction: All papayas are different sizes, for football size these are approximate amounts. Take your fresh, ripe (will give like a nearly ripe peach to the touch) papaya. Wash with soap and water. rinse well, dry well. Cut into rings about 2 inches wide and scoop seeds into a separate bowl. Peel off skin and discard *some can be rubbed on clean skin to soften...feels good. Cut away any discolored spots , like in any fruit. I blend the papaya fruit until smooth and pour into a clean glass or crockery bowl. Add 1 teas Ceylon cinnamon and 1 teas turmeric and stir in. (you can use more of these to taste) smooth out top, try to get rid of any air bubbles and cover with plastic wrap (start at center and *burp out air bubbles that form under it, until completely covered. Then I add another layer of plastic wrap covering first one and up over the sides tight to keep out air. Place this on counter with a tray underneath to catch expansion when it starts to ferment. Depending on the ripeness of the papaya and the temperature of the kitchen, it will take anywhere from 4 days (very ripe and warm kitchen) to 7 days to bubble. Watch for mold forming...if I see this under the plastic, I immediately use a spoon and scrape this off and call the ferment completed, It is best not to see any mold, just bubbles. At this point it can be put into a glass container with lid or plastic wrap in the refrigerator to use (I used a heaping Tablespoon a day of fresh) or , you can add fresh ground flax seeds to thicken (several TBS) stir in 1/2 teas salt if desired , a little sweetener, if you absolutely have to. Cut unbleached parchment paper to cover shelves in dehydrator and drop cookie size blobs on them. Flatten these out. Dehydrate these on vegetable setting or the fruit setting/ I like lower heat. When dry, I put these in Ziplock freezer bags and keep in the freezer until used. I grind a small jelly jar at a time to keep in the refrigerator and just use 1 teaspoon a day of this in my morning supplements. Your body may require more to start and build up the good enzymes until you are getting good results. The fermented papaya even improved my night vision. Just eating fresh papaya is supplementing a wonderful thing , but when I was doing that, I ate a lot of it. Good Luck,,, God Bless You
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote