View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 11:39 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Wide-O, interesting in that my issue started w a back injury to L-4 and 5. First sciatica down one leg, then slight weakness, pins and needles and then both legs affected. Orthopods never believed there was a connection but I always wondered if it was more than just a coincidence. Like you I was never forthcoming w my doctors but once I disclosed my drinking history all agreed that it was alcohol related, but perhaps as you said it was a combination of several things including periods of heavy stress when I did not eat.

Kiwi, I agree with the over prescribing of meds. In my case my cholesterol is very high because of another drug I must take and then that one made my glucose shoot up. On and on it goes.

10decisions, I understand how tempting it is once feeling better to think about a drink but just know that some say they were symptom free for years only for the neuropathy to resurface years later. Best to treat it as a chronic issue and stay away from anything with the potential to further damage the nerves.

As for me, the terrible burning has greatly improved for whatever reason so sleeping is easier but the weakness is worse and things I was able to do just last week are no longer possible. This of course is causing major anxiety issues as I worry about my near future and being able to care for myself and not being a burden on my children. Perhaps the symptoms just are getting worse before better but sure wish I had that answer.

I am not worthy of sympathy and not looking for pity but just fair warning....this neuropathy is nasty. At first onset seek treatment and know the longer it goes greater the progression and permanency. Wishing the best to all those who suffer.
"Thanks for this!" says:
coopster (05-14-2017), PamelaJune (03-15-2017)