View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 07:13 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Bud,

Thanks for your post and for your encouraging response. What's scary about all this is that it just.. feels real. I felt no immediate symptoms when I fell on my tailbone - no being dazed, no stars, no nausea, no confusion, no headache, nothing. From what I understand, even if the majority of symptoms appear later on, your brain will let you know it's a little messed up right away, no matter how transient the response.

But, I've been getting headaches, my brain feels "bruised," I feel a little spacey; i've been mixing up words in my own head, but haven't had any problems talking to people (have been having conversations about medical physiology with my classmates just fine and have been able to learn the material just fine, save this anxiety about the head injury). I know I do feel panicked and hypervigilant too - those come with all sorts of things and I know are more an anxiety response to having my head bumped. But.. all those symptoms are things I find really, really hard to ignore and not take seriously.

It's just.. this is all really scary.. I've had (if I counted right and if this isn't all just anxiety), 9 or so concussions from normal events like bumping my head lightly on someone's elbow, a 2 inch heel-drop, bumping my head on the plastic compartment of a train, and bumping my head on the bottom of a refrigerator door (just to name a few). It all seems.. unlikely, but given the response to these bumps and this recent fall on my tailbone, it's hard not to be scared.

Again, thanks for your response Bud and any wise words or encouragement you or anyone else might have would be much appreciated.
squash291 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote