View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 01:09 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

squash,

You have had head impacts but most were not concussions. You have somehow convinced yourself that any bump is a concussion when that is not true. The symptoms from each were the same because they were your anxiety symptoms, not concussion symptoms.

It may help to try to figure out when and where you got this 'any head impact is a concussion' idea. It sounds like you have the concussion equivalent version of anorexia. Many anorexics were triggered into a thought that they were fat and take that thought to an extreme. 'Any lose skin is fat' For you, you are stuck on 'Any bump is a concussion.' You could call this Concussion OCD.

Your therapist may be able to help you unprogram that original thought.

The helmet industry has studied this. Most concussions require 80 G's of impact if not much more (120 G's). The brain can even tolerate 200 G's for very brief moments.

Until you accept that your past contacts were likely not concussions at all, you will likely continue to struggle.

I find it interesting that a few who struggle with these issues appear to have memorized their list of concussions and symptoms. This is often indicative of a created memory versus an experienced memory. A created memory is repeated the same way each time. An experienced memory can related the information in a variety of ways. The created memory is often repeated in the mind as a way of convincing the person that it is real.

Yes, you bumped your head each time. But, you likely created a diagnosis of that bump as a concussion. Anxiety causes people to try to over-define issues. Do you see what I am trying to say ?

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote