View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 08:46 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I've been trying to contact my doctors. It turns out my neurologist is out of the country for a couple of weeks. That's why I couldn't reach her! The awkward thing is that I can't just stroll into the ER and get help unless my doctors are on call, because I don't have a formal diagnosis. If my neurologist is available, and my other doctors are on call, they'll contact them and they'll make sure I get treatment.

I'm talking with my pulmonologist and trying to see if we can sort something out. I have a feeling I may need to go to the hospital, perhaps tomorrow, if he can find another local neurologist who would treat me. (Sigh.) My pulmonologist can treat the breathing issues, making sure that I have breathing support. However, he can't order additional IVIG treatments, which I suspect is what is needed. Meanwhile, I keep using the non-invasive ventilator at home and doing the best I can.

I don't really understand what is happening, and why things are worse now. Sometimes I know why I feel worse, or what happened, but this time it is a mystery. I wish there were more I could do to treat myself at home, rather than going to the hospital, but I don't know what else to do.

Best wishes to everyone out there who deals with MG, day in and day out. I send caring thoughts to you all.

Take care,
Erin
ErinBear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
FREDH (03-16-2017)