View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 01:28 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default ROI-C failed fusion with complications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost four years o View Post
I had the ROI-C CERVICAL CAGE 6-15-12, NOTHING has been the same since! Pain radiating down my arms from my neck to my HANDS! I barely sleep and I'm in constant pain! The more I do the more I HURT ! I am still young and I wouldn't have bad the surgery if I knew all the things that I encounter were going to happen! I have seen Dr.s getting kick backs to put implants into us that have not passed the rountine of testing on these cages! These cages have the potential to fall into the spinal canal making the patient paralyzed! Has anyone heard of help for those of us with these implants?
I would also be interested in help for patients suffering after ROI-C implant failure. June 2014 I had an ROI-C implant put in C5-C6 and I have suffered severely ever since. I have had multiple ct and MRI's that show the implant did not fuse. I have neurological deficits in both arms and hands, right shoulder pain, severe neck and back pain, can't sleep more than 30 minutes at a time. I am on on a fentanyl patch and hydrocodone. I have not been able to return to work and I am now on long term disability. I have days I can not do anything by lay around in pain. I constantly drop things, My hands cramp in such pain it is hard to type or write. Normal housework chores like cooking is hard since I can't hardly lift heavy pans. Driving for any distance over 30 miles makes my hands go numb or burn in pain just holding on to the steering wheel! I am now in the process of allergy testing to see if I may be allergic to the implant. Once this testing is complete I am meeting with a new neurosurgeon, since mine left the state and is no longer practicing, to decide if this should be revised or removed. I have been searching the internet to find if others have had issues with ROI-C implant when I found this site.
kfamx004 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote