View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 11:01 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Worried about hearing symptoms after possible injury?

Hey all,

So I'm not sure if I have suffered a concussion from this recent event, however, I had some troubling symptoms, so I figure it would be best to see what you all think.

This happened last night. I have a lamp that's positioned in a way that you need to get onto the couch to turn it off and on. As I was going to bed, I stepped onto the couch to turn it off as I always do, however, when getting off I tripped in the dark. Luckily, I was able to land on my feet, however, because it all happened so fast, I landed hard without bending my knee much if at all, and I felt the force go through me.

Now I was worried about concussions, and this elevated my stress, but there was no immediate symptom. However, within 15 minutes, I began to hear a thumping sound in my ear, like it was trying to equalize pressure. However, it continued irregularly for over an hour, only lessening in frequency over time until I went to bed. Looking it up, I think that it was caused by a muscle twitching in my inner ear, but for what reason? I do not know.

Normally I wouldn't worry too long about the hard landing off the couch, however, because of this strange hearing symptom, I'm dwelling on the issue for much longer. The other thing I didn't mention is that at this point I was extremely sleep deprived, only having had 3 hours of sleep on the previous night. So from my way of looking at it, the ear symptoms could have been due to one of three things: a brain injury from the shock of the fall traveling through me, the stress and anxiety from the fall itself, or being sleep deprived. I think that the sound would boil down to being a persistent muscle twitch, so is it likely that the only symptom of a concussion is a muscle twitch? Does this sound like a possible brain injury?
J0HN_TIT0R is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote