View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 08:31 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie99 View Post
HI Mel, I've been gone for a while and just logged on today after months of not being on. I just read this and I was very sad to hear. I wish you a speedy recovery and I hope you are ok? You have always been such a positive and supportive friend to me and so many others.🙏❤️
Hi there. How odd. I was going to come on these message boards today and here you already wrote to me. Hope you are okay.

Alan is back to his old self. Eating me out of house and home. Turns out he did not have the flu. Dr. Fred says he had either a rotavirus or an enterovirus. It was going around. Thank god I know how to take care of him. I am finished with physical therapy but I use a walker and a cane. I can't walk right if I don't use these devices. I have muscle spasms but I asked and I was told "you are using muscles that you weren't using so your body has to learn all over again.

They had warned me of this when I was in the rehab facility. It's annoying but hey, I'm not dead. So I live with this metal rod and pin in my hip hoping it doesn't move or get infected. Scares the bejesus out of me but nothing I can do. I am very careful with everything that I do.

So here's my question. How come if I walk with a walker I can walk straight. If I walk with a cane, my right arm hurts because I put all the weight on my right arm. I'm right handed. I look like a person who walks with a cane.

But......if I walk without any walker or cane.....I walk like a duck. I waddle back and forth. Reminds me of when I was pregnant. I walk like that.

Why can't I walk normally? I asked this of someone and he said "You are afraid to walk normally". I am???

Thanks for any input......anyone??

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote