View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 07:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Talking Good morning en bloc :)

I agree it's been very quiet on this board and that's when I decided to come on and see how everyone is doing.

Oh wow.....the Outer Banks ! Such a beautiful place.....was there once visiting family that lived there at the time. I love horses but was never much good at riding but I always liked washing, brushing, feeding and so on. Some friends had horses when my kids were young teenagers and we had some awesome weekends at their house. Good memories.
I bet the therapy is helping and so glad to hear that.

Walking on the beach.....just heaven isn't it ? We'll be going on our family vacation at the end of May and I'm hoping my feet behave with the help of some steroids.

You know.....I never thought to put my CT results on here and ask for help !

My sinus info: I've only been on short rounds of antibiotics and I have 4 bad sinus infections a year and have for years but this time it just didn't seem to let up.
The ENT I went to immediately said surgery but had very, very little interest in explaining anything to me. Didn't even want to let me think about it....yes or no right then !
There is a doctor I want to see but she's in the process of moving to another practice. Right now I'm stable and seem to be keeping the worst of it at bay. But I know that won't last.

Since then I have read up on what can be done prior to surgery to try and get this cleared up. Long term antibiotics, prescription nose sprays, over the counter sinus meds (which I've been taking the whole time...using different ones here and there trying to find one that works best for me).

Here are the CT scan results: Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

I'll start with the Impression first:
1. Moderate chronic sinusitis of the ethmoid and maxillary sinuses
2. Minimal chronic sinusitis of the frontal sinuses
3. Significant compromise of the left ostiomeatal complex
4. Moderate nasal septal deviation to the left

Now findings:

Frontal sinuses: Minimal mucosal thickening
Ethmoid sinuses: Moderate bilateral mucosal thickening
Maxillary sinuses: Polypoid mucosal thickening in the right superior medial sinus. mild bilateral mucosal thickening. No air-fluid levels

Sphenoid sinuses: Normal
Ostiomeatal units: Narrowing of the left unit
Nasal septum: Deviated to the left in the middle third

I can breath through my nose and even when my infection is full on I can still breath through my nose which the ENT said wasn't possible (!?)

This CT was also taken about 2 weeks after I ended a treatment of antibiotics and was just starting to crank up again....lol

Ok friends......still want to know how everyone is doing plus.......any experience with sinus issues ?

And en bloc......what say you on my scan ?

Take care everyone !

Debi
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (03-20-2017), Littlepaw (03-22-2017)