View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 10:17 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondChances View Post
WannaGetFeelingBack, I did think of you yesterday. I know you are no longer driving due to the numbness in your legs. Were you the one who posted way back about foot slipping off of the petal and bumping into the car in front? Yesterday when driving my foot was strange. After a light I would gun it and the car would lurch and take off or in coming to a stop I felt I had little control and instead of a nice easy stop I was not slowing down and finally had to slam on the brakes. I have had declining function but that was strange and extreme, and seemingly happened overnight. My first thought was the eating thing. Stress could also be a major factor.
Hang in through this difficult time. I know how hard it is to take care of ourselves some days, and finding balance is seemingly impossible. Hoping for better days ahead. Hugs.
Thank you for the kind words, SecondChances. It's so hard for those of us left behind to understand.

Yes, that was me who bumped into the car in front of me at a stoplight. I was mortified! The light was taking forever to change to green, and as each minute passed, my foot just made its way off the brake pedal without me realizing it was moving. I also had the exact same things happen that you did with accelerating and braking - the car lurched when accelerating and I often had to slam on the brakes when I was coming to a stop. It became sheer panic.

I hope you feel better! Both of us should make a pact to eat better.
"Thanks for this!" says:
coopster (05-14-2017), ger715 (03-20-2017), PamelaJune (03-20-2017), SecondChances (03-19-2017)