View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 09:48 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Post Concussion Syndrome for 11 months

Hi!
My name is Emily and got my second concussion almost a year ago on april 2016. Since then, I have been struggling with post-concussion syndrome. I am 20 years old and am not at school right now given that doing any type of reading or looking at screens for more than 10 minutes is very difficult. I had a lot of symptoms in the beginning but now I only have a couple. urgently, I have bad neck pain, headaches, and eye fatigue/pressure behind my eyes. I am not working and have bad anxiety. I also start to get increased headaches and neck pain when I go on walks or do any sort of physical activity. I got an MRI of my head and it was clear but not of my neck. I had bad anxiety before but now all of this has made it worse.
i have tried many things to help my symptoms from massages, chiropractors, acupuncture, acupressure, biofeedback, and vision therapy. Some of these gave me slight relief but nothing has held. I would love to be able to return to school and working out since i miss being with my friends and living a normal life.
Does anyone have any advice for things they found helpful or doctors that they found helpful? I think my neck tightness and pain is causing some of my headaches but the big problem I am still struggling with right now is my eyes.
I live in Vermont so my resources are limited but my family and i are all up for traveling to different states. Any advice would be so helpful! Thanks!!
Emily Sprague is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (04-02-2017)