View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 07:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

SecondChances, WannaGetFeelingBack -I'm going to abbreviate you folks sorry if it offends. SecondChances aka SC & WannaGetFeelingBack aka WGFB sorry I'm not energetic enough to type in full tonight from this hospital bed.

SC, WGFB - Have you heard of SparkPeople it's a USA webpage, completely free and offers meal plans, exercise suggestions and a whole lot more. I use it to control & monitor my fibre intake along with tracking medicines, vitamins etc to see what works, it's frequently used for people to encourage weight loss but it works in reverse, you set how many calories or kilojoules you want to consume a day and it makes you meal plants to suit your circumstances.

I love it, been using it since 2008 to help with my meds, exercise, fibre intake and life in general. You can blog on it as well. It actively encourages with very slow & restricted exercises for people who are just commencing and or suffering life long conditions preventing them from pounding the pavement. In other words it's fab for the infirm with physical limitations but not the mind.

Here is the page link to join, as I said it's 100% free. There is a charge if you want to upgrade $49 for a lifetime membership, don't bother unless you become ultra committed everything you need is for free at your fingertips. My SIL has severe alcohol related PN, has zero feeling in her feet from shin down, can no longer drive goes to rehab for 3 months 28th March. Our hearts, minds & prayers are with her. My DB escaped PN but has everything else wrong it seems lol. Her story is under my DB journey to sobriety thread in bits n bobs if you want to read up. But I think you all have enough of your own to face n share. I think of you all often.

Admin delete if not allowed.
SparkPeople

Free Diet Plans at SparkPeople

We don't have to be left behind, we can create our own world and with SparkPeople you can link in joining to encourage others. They've expanded to being used as apps on mobile phones and iPads. Still for FREE. I love it as much as I love NT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaGetFeelingBack View Post
Thank you for the kind words, SecondChances. It's so hard for those of us left behind to understand.

Yes, that was me who bumped into the car in front of me at a stoplight. I was mortified! The light was taking forever to change to green, and as each minute passed, my foot just made its way off the brake pedal without me realizing it was moving. I also had the exact same things happen that you did with accelerating and braking - the car lurched when accelerating and I often had to slam on the brakes when I was coming to a stop. It became sheer panic.

I hope you feel better! Both of us should make a pact to eat better.

Last edited by Chemar; 03-21-2017 at 09:29 AM. Reason: corrected URL
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (03-20-2017), WannaGetFeelingBack (03-22-2017)