View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 04:05 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default CIPN worse at night?

Hello everyone...
I survived stage 2 colon cancer. I had 8 rounds of adjuvent chemo with little or few side effects. 2 weeks after completion of chemo, I developed excruciating pain in my right arm and fingers but only at night. Because it was one sided and my toes were not tingly, the oncologist dismissed it as possible disk issue (the pain seemed positionally triggered). However, he did prescribe neurotin and urged I wait a few months for chemo effects to die down (months!). In time, it got worse. Both hands effected. Mostly feels like a truck is parked on my arm and my middle finger is set to explode. (Other fingers also hurt). It starts off as fingers tingling and ends up as pain (crying and tears and lack of sleep are a consequence). The oncologist seems perplexed ad to why it's so bad at night (during they day I may have tingling and numb feeling, but no pain). Does anyone else have similar symptoms? I will say I have some osteoarthritis and my hands used to fall "asleep" frequently at night (before cancer and chemo). Is pain typical of PN or am I just a lucky gal to get an uncommon manifestation of pn?
Funnyfingers
Funnyfingers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (03-21-2017)