View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 09:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Debi,

Once you use the neti pot (I prefer the Sinus Rinse by Neil-Med system for more pressure/cleaning), you'll run right to it at the slightest sign of problems!!

Have you every been checked for immune deficiency? Those with repeated infections should have some simple blood work done to make sure that there isn't a subclass deficiency. Sinus infections are hard to battle to begin with, much worse if your immune system is compromised in any way.

Being that I am immune deficient and have drug reactions to most antibiotics, my new ENT uses a compounded mix of antibiotics, steroids, and antifungal meds mixed in the since rinse...to attack the infection directly vs via the blood stream. Frankly, it has worked better than any antibiotic I've used. Of course, it requires you to use the rinse, but as I said, you'll feel so much better after using it, that you won't mind. EVERYONE feels the same way at first about flushing out your sinuses by shooting water up your nose...but once you do it a couple times, you'll be telling others not to worry!!

There is also a new procedure with sinus surgery that is like angioplasty...but in the nose. Literally, it involves opening the airways with balloon like procedure. This allows for better drainage and therefore better control of your infections. just a thought.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
glenntaj (03-21-2017), Littlepaw (03-22-2017), St George 2013 (03-21-2017)