View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 09:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi again,
Thanks for all the great info. She is 10 years old now. When she had scaret fever (I think she got it from a camp she was at that summer) she wasn't treated I dont think cause it is viral? She started out with severe rolling of the eyes. I was really worried when it first started as her eyes would go up in her head. She did have antibodies tested (if I am saying that right) and her doctor told me about PANDAS but the test came back good and he say no basically. I dont know what the levels were. She also had a MRI and cat scan and they found nothing. They just said she has a tic disorder. They talked about putting her on medication (this was 3 years ago) but I didn't want to at that time. Now last week she had strep and she was on penicillin and they were worst by 70 % I would say. I have noticed they are getting better each day and now that she is done with the medication and not sick now more.

One other time she was treated for a ear infection about a year ago and what she was treated with (I think anoxicilion) she had no tics what so ever that week. That is why I think it is pandas.
I notice when she stays busy they are less. Today we went to the beach and she had a good day. I do not talk about it much, if any at all. Like today all I said was your "eye thing" that is what we call is getting better and she agreed. I have NEVER yelled at her for it or asked her to stop. I know she can't. I find when you ignore it they are not as bad.
She also takes Karate and she goes 4-5 times a week and that also helps with it.

I am worried when school starts now though because they are more now then last year. She doesn't talk about it so no one knows. I did mention it to her teacher last year at one point and think I am going to have to this year if they continue how they are. I am going to try magnesium, maybe that will help some?
hermom33 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote