View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 08:20 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member

Thanks for the replies -

Yes, there is pain at night. It's not that I'm distracted during the day. The restful, prone position turns simple tingling to searing pain..I can feel it coming on and I only get some relief when I stand up and walk. The longer I allow the pain to take over, the longer I need to walk to get rid of it. I have suspected that I may have entrapped or compressed nerves in my elbow or wrist, but it was never a huge problem until the chemo. Clearly the chemo aggravated (to say the least) an already compromised nerve situation.
Aside from gabapentin and lidocaine patches it seems my oncologist would like the prerequisite 3 months to pass before doing MRI or other studies. I see his point, because between 3 and 6 months, whatever chemo effect is going to leave, will start to leave by then, and might as well take further action with what's left behind and has the possibility of being permanent. None of this started during chemo and there is hardly any pain during the day- so I wonder if those small facts indicate the future of chronic pain for me. Everyone says to be patient, but it's very hard when every night, for several times, I wake up crying in pain. I have a high threshold (I almost never take pain meds, even after surgery), so its a deep searing pain I'm expected to endure for months.
But the reply posts have helped. At least I know I am not crazy (well, not about this anyway! Lol)
Funnyfingers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (03-21-2017)