Thread: new here
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 08:55 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default new here

I know there is an actual place for introductions, but I didnt want to post my being an alcoholic with all of the posts about spine and brain injuries. It just didnt feel right. I cant pin point an outward event that made me want to change, it was more of an internal feeling...counting consecutive days I drank was increasing over time until it was literally six days a week, some days it was twice, in an attempt to mask my day drinking by having a drink in hand when my wife came home at night. I was pulling her with me too, always having a reason to drink...until recently...then the reason was just because it was a day that ended in Y....gotta love days that end in Y. I am also addicted to run on sentences, but thats not so bad.

I am what is considered a high functioning alcoholic, the only person who knew how far gone I have become was me. I dont make a habit of lying, but i would do it in a heart beat to protect my secret. Im not going to tell my entire life story on here, I hope to be around long enough for that later.

This is day 3 for me, I havent noticed any real detox issues, but i do feel very light today. My head and hands wonky today, but it could be anxiety, knowing I will soon be left alone until this evening and know the addiction will soon be howling for me to feed it....but I dont want to....mostly
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (03-23-2017)