View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 12:37 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachermom View Post
My heart truly goes out to you. Yes, yes, yes. This is exactly how my whole summer went. I kept thinking that it can't just be reflux. None of my tests results showed reflux, except my ent said my larynx was inflamed. He's the one who suggested it. But then said, "It's hard to treat," and left me on my own. So, after researching a lot, I have found many, many people with very similar symptoms. It honestly brings me to tears to read your post. I was afraid to sleep also. I would wake up gasping for air. I propped the top of my bed up on 6 inch blocks.

I don't know about you, but I can remember symptoms of silent reflux for years, especially the drainage and cough at night. I just didn't realize that was what was going on. I think that the severe breathing issues came from years of damage. The good news is that I have been on protonix since August and I feel much, much better. I can finally breathe and it's wonderful. Because of my ankle issue I have all but quit running. I have read that lots of talking (I'm a teacher) and high impact exercise can make the symptoms worse.

I think the actual symptoms would bring on anxiety attacks. I had 2 different trips to the ER and felt like a lunatic. Just getting dressed some days was a struggle. I have lost sooo much weight. Between SFN and not being able to run, it's like my body is just wasting away.

If you must drink coffee, allow yourself one cup a day. But absolutely get rid of chocolate. It is a huge no, no. My throat and chest start burning with in minutes of cheating.

As far as diagnosis, I think if you had a good gastro you could find out. But I do not. So, I have self diagnosed. Fortunately, he will still prescribe protonix. I cannot function without it.

Things you can do now that will help:

*cut out chocolate and coffee
*eat low fat
*cut out tomato products
*drink high pH water--Fiji--right after eating clears you of pepsin
*try taking nexium 30 minutes before eating and see if it helps (it will take a few days to notice)
*prop the top of your bed 4-6 inches---I slide off a lot
*don't exercise for 2 hours after eating
*don't lay down or recline for 2 hours after eating
*eat high alkaline foods
*drink aloe vera juice to heal your damaged insides
*avoid high impact exercise

It is a long process to get better. Praying you feel better soon.
Thanks for your tips Teachers mom. I have now cut out chocolate, I have one coffee a day and I cannot do any high impact exercise anymore so basically don't. I'm being investigated for POTS. I saw a great cardiologist thanks to a recommendation from Starburst. He said all my symptoms sound like this. I'm having further tests to confirm it.
I have left seeing the Gastro as like you I don't feel any I have seen understand this condition.
JoannaP79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote