View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 09:20 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Really appreciate it Bud. Trying to stay positive and your post really gave me reinforcement. Though it's difficult to recognize what, if anything, is an effect of getting hit, or rather anxiety, I'm staying positive and not jumping to any conclusions. Head feels bruised from the outside, that's for sure. This is my 2nd day off to rest as a protective measure. Tomorrow I'm going to try to return to my school routine.

-2nd TBI in August, 2014. Fell skateboarding and hit head on pavement.

-3rd TBI in November, 2014. Hit in the head at work with a dish rack with full strength by a large employee. CT scan normal. Diagnosed mTBI, PCS, PTSD, migraine with aura, and chronic depression. Symptoms have included: quite severe visual disorders, hearing loss in left ear, lethargy, brain fog, dizziness, disordered sleep, hallucinations and "exploding head syndrome", neck and shoulder pain, migraines, headaches, loss of emotions, all forms of cognitive deficiency, loss of reading/verbal ability, sound/light sensitivity, anxiety, panic attacks. Most notably are a general loss of identity and the disillusionment with the world accompanying trauma. But on the other hand, a new and heightened awareness of the nature of self, others, and of suffering itself.

-As of December, 2015, am still experiencing visual disturbances, memory and speech problems, balance, sensitivity and overstimulation issues, along with the trickier to pinpoint cognitive changes, but feel that I am no longer clawing my way through a waking hell, so feel much better about being alive. Hallucinations and panic attacks are gone (thank God!), getting much better at reading and writing, and remembering/planning my daily tasks. Hopeful for further recovery, but thankful to be at least at 50%.

Last edited by Beelzebore92; 03-22-2017 at 10:03 AM.
Beelzebore92 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote