View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 12:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Gerry, its an IN HOUSE 3 months residential program. Highly recommended and really difficult to get into, reportedly one of the very best with high success and very low recidivist with a planned targeted approach and support should the patient lapse. They also have the option of going to a sober living venue for another 8 weeks post the inhouse residential. We are all distraught. The $38'per week is for incidentals contributing towards regular weekly outings. The rest is covered by the NHS. I've emailed SIL but don't hold much hope. DB will try and phone her tonight if he's up to it.

I'm so sorry about your cousin. Alcohol is not anyone's friend but because it's legal it slips under the radar particularly while the world is focussing and understandably so on this ice and synthetic drug epidemic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
Pam,
Thanks for the info on the SparkPeople site, I will check it out.

I am so sorry to learn your SIL has changed her mind about going to rehab. Is the rehab daily out patient clinics? I assume for $38.00 a week; it was not providing-in-house rehab. Going back home each day would make the drinking even more difficult to avoid. She is really in a bad place.

My cousin at age 46 passed away from his alcohol abuse. When my daughter was in rehab for her drug addiction, she manage to get him to detox and attend briefly rehab. The doctor in charge of the program had warned him his liver was bad and he would not live more than 5 years if he continued his drinking. The doctor was right.

Hope and pray your SIL changes her mind.

Gerry
ger715 (03-23-2017), kiwi33 (03-23-2017)