View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 09:33 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Is this normal with the PCS?

Hello all,

New guy here with the PCS. I am 28 years old and I had my first official concussion as a result of falling on a slippery ground and hitting the back of my head almost 6 weeks ago. Went to see my family doctor after couple of days of not feeling well, the doctor confirmed that I suffered concussion.

Took a week off work, rested at home, slept as much as I could, minimized screen time, the following week felt very good, pretty much back to normal, with few subtle symptoms remaining. Went back to work with Doc's permission. During the weekend, 2 weeks after initial concussion, I slipped and fell clearing snow off my driveway, hit my head relatively lightly against "icy" snowbank, did not think of it much at that point, however, symptoms came back the next day. The following week I had to attend a professional training which was very mentally challenging, so not much mental rest during that week.

Anyhow here I am, almost at 6 weeks, feeling more or less the same after hitting my head second time. For the most part "dizziness" and disorientation is gone, but I still have pressure in the head and some headaches after working on the computer for relatively long periods of time or having an intense conversation where I have to focus. However, what bothers me the most is the fact that I still feel like my perception of the world has changed, I feel "off", something is off but I can't really pinpoint what, things seem strange. Is this a typical symptom after concussion? If yes, how long does it stick around, any suggestions on how to get rid of it, asides from just letting the time pass by?

Appreciate any input
curiousmind is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote