Thread: My New Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 08:03 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

I love throwing things out too, Mari. I think "freeing" is an excellent way to describe the feeling. I wish I was physically capable of doing it more of it. We have so many things around that we just don't need that are taking up space, but they remain because my husband is, sorry, but lazy. And he just has SO MUCH ****!!! I told him that he's going to have to go through it before we move because it's not all coming with us this time. He agreed to that, but we'll see…

I say, "we'll see" in regards to my husband's behavior an awful lot lol.
It's supposed to rain today, so there's no way he'll take that furniture to the dumpster, but we're supposed to have good weather tomorrow. I'll bring the subject up at breakfast and hope he won't find any good excuses not to do it.

Most of my running around has been in search of linens: bath mats (2 sets), towels, and sheets and I think I've figured out why…
Last week (?) the toilet overflowed and I went into OCD overdrive. I threw out the bath mats and the towels I used to sop up the dirty water because they could never be clean to me again. I bleached every surface in the bathroom 3 times… but obviously that wasn't enough. I've cleaned the BR at least 4 times since.

I'm usually driven like this when I'm hypo/manic (I'm definitely not right now tho), but in this case I think my OCD is compelling me to go out and search for and buy all these things to make the bathroom clean/new again or something. I'm not shopping for or spending money on anything else. I'm just fixated on **** that goes in the linen closet. I wish making sense of things fixed problems things this, but it doesn't.

Anyway, I've decided we need new pillows, and my husband has decided we need another set of towels. He's not exactly helping, but I'm sure I'll be satisfied at some point. There isn't much left to replace.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (03-25-2017), Dmom3005 (03-26-2017), Mari (03-25-2017), mymorgy (03-25-2017)