View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 01:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Welcome...

Hi Jacquelina,

I have Bilateral TOS and had been diagnosed last April with RSD following a Right sided re-do of a brachial plexus release and scalenectomy.
My surgeon was very reputable and skillful although I had the misfortune of having RSD appear 3 months post op of a severely compressed ulnar nerve due to a large amount of scar tissue.

I had undergone one diagnostic block by my neurosurgeon. I had then been referred to a Pain management clinic when my PM doc who is an anesthesiologist did 3 Stellate Ganglion Blocks with no relief. I am currently undergoing treatment with him and looking into a spinal cord stimulator. They also have me in Bio-Feedback which has been "GREAT" for relaxation, lowering my pain levels and increasing the temp in my hands.

I had previously been advised by my neurosurgion that I should have surgery on my left TOS side due to nerve compression but I have declined due to the RSD diagnosis.

As other forum members have asked have you been to a pain management clinic that has been treating RSD patients. It is important that you find one and get a referral to be seen. These doctors have seen many RSD patients and will be able to diagnose you. If in fact you do have RSD it is important that you start a series of SG Blocks to help place your RSD into remission. You also need to know in the event you need to undergo any further surgical intervention with your TOS.

I know how frightening this is but it is also very important that you sit down and take a deep breath and find a doctor to diagnose you so you can start treatment ASAP.

I wish you the best of Luck...

&
Dawn

Last edited by dawn3063; 07-15-2007 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Oops, I could never have been an English Major..
dawn3063 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote