Thread: My New Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 07:10 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Sometimes it's hard for me to discern dysphoric/mixed hypomania from a severe flare up of a combination of OCD and PTSD which may precede or trigger it until it gets pretty bad. And sometimes I have a hard time picking up on hypomania early if it's mild because it feels like heightened anxiety. I do catch on tho.

In this case I'm absolutely certain I'm not hypo. If I was, it would be a euphoric episode, but:
I always have more energy during those episodes, but I'm worn out and am taking 4-5 hour naps and am getting my 7-8 hours in every night now,
My thinking would usually get clearer and more rapid, but instead I'm having a lot of difficulty with my cognitive function,
My spending in general increases, but right now it's restricted to one specific area, and
I almost always embark on some ridiculous cleaning project in the beginning. While I did a lot of cleaning in the bathroom, it was only because it was "contaminated" and had to be cleaned up to my OCD standards. Otherwise, I haven't had the energy to keep up with my housework.

I've managed to stay in and rest the last two days. We ordered out last night because I didn't feel like cooking… I always feel guilty doing that, but sometimes I need a break, especially on weekends when the expectation is I'll be cooking 3 meals a day.

I have to do an inventory in the kitchen to see if I have to do grocery shopping today or if I can get away with putting it off for another day. I'm going to try to resist going out to buy pillows and towels. That revolves around how early I shower and how I feel afterwards I guess.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (03-26-2017), Dmom3005 (03-26-2017), Mari (03-26-2017), mymorgy (03-26-2017)