View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 03:06 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by St George 2013 View Post
I do remember having terrible tonsil infections when I was young. I had my tonsils and adenoids out when I was 10 and it seems that I traded those infections for sinus infections.
I really don't know why I have sinus issues. I've never had the allergy tests. But I do smoke (trying to quit) and have 2 inside dogs and 1 inside cat.

I don't think the pain and sinus pressure I have has anything to do with my SFN but who knows ?
Have you seen your regular doctor about the pain/pressure in your face ? I'm thinking that looking up your nose, in your throat and in your ears would determine if you have a sinus infection or not.

Did you get the written results of your MRI that showed the shadowing in your face ? Might be worth getting that and see what it says.

Can I ask which type of consultants you are seeing now ?

I know how miserable that pain/pressure is.....and yes my SFN flares every time I have an infection. That leaves me laying in bed moaning and groaning until I start feeling better. And I'm serious ! Moaning and groaning !

Please let me know how you're doing.

Debi
Hi Debi,

Thanks for your lovely reply. I have left seeing my G. P as I have so very many issues relating to all this, I have lost the impetus. They keep finding nothing despite all of these symptoms. I am going to raise it with my G. P as I doubt the other professionals will deal with it seeing as it's another body part they don't deal with.
I see a cardiologist and a Neuromuscular guy at the moment but they will only deal with certain elements of my symptoms and then refer on for other issues. It's quite exhausting.
I don't know if I have an infection as I have no mucus or blockage, it's more severe pain and throbbing pressure.
I will chase up the MRI of my face. It was an MRI looking for M. S and he just happened to mention it but suggested it was insignificant.
Thanks Debi, it's so helpful to be able to get all this info on everyone's experience.
JoannaP79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (03-31-2017), mrsD (03-26-2017), PamelaJune (03-26-2017), St George 2013 (03-28-2017)