View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 03:50 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

It sounds like you have both a concussion and a neck injury, even a low neck and/or upper back injury. Research shows that 80% of concussions include a neck injury.

It will help if you can break apart your symptoms. Do they all happen all the time or do they come and go at various times ?

You could have some radiculopathy at C-6 causing the thumb and forearm numbness.

Numbness on the back is odd because the back has a different nerve system than the arms and hands.

What have you tried to get relief ? What have the doctors said ?
What kind of medical care do you have available ? chiropractic, physical therapist/physiotherapist, MD, DO, ?

How were you injured ? How long ago ?

What do you do, work, student, ??? Some daily lives are counter to recovery and need to be modified.

You said "My symptoms are: the feeling of disconnect (feel like everything is a dream/hard to process info), visual (things become blurt up close), some memory issues, and some dizziness. "
Common concussion symptoms

"numbness in my thumbs/forearm/back/and some time shins, swelling at the base of my skull"
Cervical injury

Have you tried icing the back of your neck and head ?

Check out the Vitamins sticky at the top. It has good info and a recipe for making soft ice packs.

When you reply, use the Post Reply button at the bottom left and it will not quote the previous post. It makes it easier to scroll through the posts.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote