View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 11:01 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Pam,
I am sorry once again the Epidurals didn't help. Early on, my PM did a series of Epidurals which did nothing for me; but unfortunately increased irritability. The only thing that helped lessen the pain making it a bit more tolerable is the pain meds.

Your cousin does sound like the pain meds are a bit "out of control". There most certainly is a difference in taking the meds for pain control and overstepping to addiction.

I am prescribed the two Oxycontins in the a.m. and one in the p.m. That's the total Oxycontin for the day. I originally had been prescribed 2 in the a.m. and 2 in the p.m. I, tirated from 2 in the p.m. to 1 in the p.m. several months ago.

Also, am prescribed a max of 4 Percocet for break thru daily; but take only two per day; once in a while I may take a 1/2 of a third if the pain is too bad. I want to get by on the least amount and still maintain some control over the pain.

Unfortunately, as you are well aware, the constipation is the result. My taking 4 full doses of Miralax daily, which BM's are almost more of a thick liquid; but it so far has prevented getting backed up. When I am unable to take the 4 doses and take 3 doses of Miralax; I start having to force which I know I need to get back up to the 4 doses immediately.

It would seem Ketamine is not an option for you. It appears Ketamine is ongoing and not just a one time thing. I am not inclined to even try it.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (09-04-2017), PamelaJune (03-27-2017), RSD ME (03-28-2017)